Darren L. Epstein, PI
President / CEO
Darren L. Epstein, PI the president and chief executive officer
to Counter Intelligence Services® provides accurate, time efficient,
and custom tailored investigative and security services worldwide.
Mr. Epstein is a Florida licensed private investigator, who founded
Counter Intelligence Services® in 1993; with his prime directive being the
protection of his clients and their interests. A career experienced investigator
with over 20 years of experience with national and international cases.
Investigator Epstein possesses the determination and dedication in providing
worldwide excellence in investigative and security services.
Investigator Epstein, a Gulf War Veteran started his security and investigative
background within the United States Air Force (USAF), where he was
educated in various investigative and security tactics. During his tour in
Europe (Italy) he held a position as a Security Specialist protecting top-secret
equipment including presidential support details. Investigator Epstein was also
trained by the USAF Office of Special Investigations (OSI) to conduct investigations
while on base and abroad, to include aiding the Security Police Investigations
Department (SPI) during an ongoing investigation.
In addition to his education in criminal justice through the University of Maryland he
also graduated at the US Air Force Police Academy within the top 10 percent of his class.
Mr. Epstein was educated in police functions, security & riot procedures, weapons knowledge
(specializing in M60 machine-gun training), EST (Emergency Service Team) SWAT tactics, and
anti terrorism courses. Attended the US Army’s Fort Dixie ABGD School (Airbase Ground Defense School)
and was a squad leader responsible for twenty (20) Airmen, where a great deal of leadership expertise
Since 1992 and Mr. Epstein’s departure from the US Air Force he has attended many seminars on
investigations to include membership with the following prestigious organizations; National
Association of Legal Investigators (NALI), Association of Former Intelligence Officers (AFIO),
National Council of Investigation & Security Services (NCISS), Florida Association of Legal
Investigators (FALI), American Society of Notaries (ASN), National Association of Investigative
Specialists (NAIS), National Association of Professional Process Servers (NAPPS) and the American
Investigator Epstein also sits on a national board as the Secretary, for an organization known as
“A Child Is Missing” (ACIM), www.achildismissing.org. ACIM has been credited by law enforcement
with more than 330 safe recoveries over the last five years alone.
In 2007, A CHILD IS MISSING was granted Special Consultative Status by the United Nations,
UN News Release - ACIM. Mr. Epstein also assists the Prim8fund in the protection of human
Investigator Epstein holds a position as a network security administrator with knowledge
and experience into IP tracing, email tracing, firewall security and the following operating
systems. Microsoft’s Vista, XP, 2000, SBS 4.5, SBS 2000, SBS 2003, Server 2000, Exchange,
VPN (Virtual Private Networks), Pocket PC and Palm OS’s, email/network encryption, and
investigative video and audio enhancement software.
Investigator Epstein also holds the following licenses; agency license number (A9300263),
Private Investigative license number (C9300263), weapons license number (G2503848), weapons
concealment license number (W2018685), and a Notary license number (DD0753000). Mr. Epstein
maintains his weapons knowledge and proficiency by attending the weapons range at least every
quarter, with weapon training taking place twice yearly.
Invesigator / Bilingual Criminal Polygraph Examiner
Florida State University – Criminology Degree – BS Miami
Dade Community College – Criminal Justice Degree
AA Hialeah Senior High School – H.S. Diploma
FORMER U.S. CUSTOMS OFFICER
Gold Coast School of Insurance – Surety Agent Burkett / Michael’s – Polygraph School Heed University – Hypnosis School
Detection of Deception Examiner (Polygraph Examiner) Private Investigator Surety Agent (Bail Bondsmen) Surety Agent
(Fugitive Enforcement and Recovery) Former US Customs Officer Concealed Weapon / Firearm License Armed / Unarmed
Guard License Executive Protection / Bodyguard Services Notary Public
Involved in all facets of criminal and domestic investigations; including but not limited to the
following: Corporate investigations, fraud, thefts, surveillance, white collar crime, trial preparation,
skip tracing, product liability, security consulting, personal injury, missing persons, background
investigations, criminal defense.
SURETY AGENT (BAIL BONDS FUGITIVE ENFORCEMENT)
* Recovery involved in all facets of the bail bond business and has the power of arrest, anywhere in the
United States as authorized by the United States Supreme Court, 83 US 366, and Florida Statute 903.22 and 903.29.
Grandmaster Caesar 10th Degree Black Belt and director of the Shorin-Kempo Karate Organization.
Martial Arts Experience and Credentials Founder and patriarch of the Shorin-Kempo RYU Matsubayashi RYU Okinawan
- Chinese Karate
- 1996 Induction into the Eastern USA International Martial Arts Association, Inc.
- 1996 Induction into the International Hall of Fame
- 1995 I.S.K.A. Kickboxing certified judge.
- 1995 Patron Life Member of the United States Judo Association.
- 1995 World Martial Arts Hall of Fame
- Life Achievement Award of Honor and Humanitarian Award.
- 1995 Induction as founder by the World head of Family Sokeship Counsel
- Hall of Fame September 1995.
- 1995 10th Dan conferred by Attarashi –Matsubayashi shorin-Ryu Karate.
- 1995 10th Dan conferred by the Black Dragon Kendo Association.
- 1995 10th Dan conferred by the Black Dragon JuJitsu Association.
- 1995 Certified Police Defensive Tactics Instructor
- Issued by the Police Self Defense Instructors International.
- 1994 SOKE conferred by the World Head of Family Sokeship Council
- 1994 World Certified Instructor status conferred by the W.M.A.H.O.F.
- 1994 10th Dan conferred by Neko-Do Systems Goju –Ryu Karate.
- 1994 10th Dan conferred by Atemi-Ryu International.
- 1994 10th Dan conferred by Sanuces Ryu-JuJitsu.
- 1994 10th Dan conferred by Giraldo’s Combative Tae Kwon Do.
- 1993 10th Dan conferred by R.I.K.A. Kenpo Karate Association.
- 1988 5th Dan conferred by Kenpo School of Self –Defense.
- 1987 10th Dan conferred by Kicking for Jesus – South Florida Kick Boxing and Karate Shorin Kenpo Ryu.
- 1987 10th Dan conferred by Shorin-Kempo Ryu founder E. Ramos.
- 1987 10th Dan conferred by the Eddie Ramos Shorin-Ryu Karate Association.
- 1987 10th Dan conferred by the Vasilios Katsaitis Florida Shorin Ryu Matsubayashi Ryu Okinawa Karate-Do Association.
- 1969 1st Dan conferred in Judo under the Master Reinaldo Montpellier. Also Y.M.C.A. Certified Scuba Diver
Kirk L. Hockinson
Animated Accident Re-enactments
Kirk L. Hockinson is our computer animation consultant that
reconstructs 3-D accident scenes of roadways, office complexes,
homes, industrial accidents, etc.
Mr. Hockinson, Animation Specialist, has been a maverick in the
web/game development arena since 1992. He has been a key
contributor developing animation and modeling for some of the
wildly successful “Sims” game series from Maxis/EA, including
The Sims house Party, SimsVille, The Sims, SimCity 3000 and SimCity Unlimited.
Kirk L. Hockinson’s “Virtual Toolbox” includes using software and graphic programs such as
Maya, 3DSMax, Softimage, Lightwave, Filmbox, Flint, Flame, Match Mover, Character Studio,
Deep Paint 3D, Combustion, Virtools, Micro Scribe Digitizer, DPS-Velocity NLE, Strata Studio
Pro, Director, Debabelizer, Electric Image, Avid, Photoshop, illustrator, and html.
His past work experience includes some of the industry leaders, such as; Maxis/EA,
Discreet/Autodesk, Fluent Solutions, Broderbund, Mindscape, The Learning Company,
Mattel, Ideate Media, and Sanctuary Woods. Mr. Hockinson held various positions
with these companies, such as; Animation Director, Lead Character Animator, Character
Studio Production Software Analyst, and Director of Animation/Modeling.
Mr. Hockinson worked in film production and set decoration on various films,
commercials, SitComs and music videos before he worked for the animation and
game development industry.
A small listing of TV / Movie projects:
Things To Do In Denver When You’re Dead”
I worked on various "Gap" and "Trojan" commercials.
Music Visual FX "Distant Warning".
NESTOR R., PI
Investigator / Bilingual
I have a distinct background that brings strong people and military
skills to the table. More than 23 years of experience military
intelligence and security management with the US government and
multinational companies. The vast majority of this time was in the
Latin America arena.
- Military Intelligence Officer Human intelligence (HUMINT)-Infantry, Artillery and aviation
Special and Combat Operations experience.
- Security Clearances: Top Secret with Special Compartmented Information (TS-SCI)
- Understanding of the intelligence shortfalls of this area.
- Good working relationship with several elite foreign military units
- Masters and Bachelors degrees in both Management and Architectural Design.
- Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT) Score 3/3 Spanish native speaker, to include
writing. Portuguese (conversational).
- Strong background in the politics and economies of the countries in the Andean Region
including their idiosyncrasies.
- Lived and worked extensively in Latin America. Executive agent for International
Intelligence Liaisons, Engagements and exchange activities for Lockheed Martin, ACS
Defense, Inc and BETAC in the Andean Ridge Region.
- Strong interpersonal skills developed working in the security and Intelligence industry.
- Well developed report writing skills.
Dave Confidential *
Investigator / former police officer
(CCE, CEECS, CIFI, CISM, CISSP, CPCS, DREC, ISSAP, ISSMP, MCSE, MVP)
Computer Forensics, Email restricted
Dave Confidential is a recognized security expert that has worked in the
Information Technology sector since 1990. A former Florida certified law
enforcement officer, currently conducting Computer Forensic for
Counter Intelligence Services. Specializing in Digital/Computer Forensic
Examinations, Electronic Discovery, Incident Response, and Intrusion Analysis.
Accepted as a computer expert witness in Federal, State, and Military courts, to include serving as an appointed expert.
Data Forensics and IT Security Consulting
1997 to present
has assisted the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, Palm Beach County DA’s office, Department of the Navy, Naval Criminal Investigative Service, Waste Management, South Florida Water Management District, and many Private Law Firms.
Dave developed a Windows Operating System lockdown tool known as the S-Lok, which surpasses NSA, NIST, and Microsoft Common Criteria Guidelines.
Dave Confidential also secured the development of a cryptographic module system that resulted in the passing of FIPS-140 compliance. Dave evaluated the technical information, security requirements, and documentation during the system development process.
- Utilize management skills in support of IT security, forensic examinations, and post-intrusion network analysis.
- Perform forensic examinations, attack forensics, packet forensics, incident response, and intrusion analysis.
- Identify legal need for discovery and provided methods of electronic discovery and litigation support.
- Prepare for court appearances and depositions for criminal and civil testimony.
- Perform analysis of expert witness reports and testimony.
- Develop and foster long-term liaison contacts with cyber security organizations.
- Develop forensic courseware; provide supporting seminars and labs.
- Execute risk assessments, security audits, and ensure agency compliance with information security best practices.
- Evaluate information and disseminate cogent and comprehensive reports in support of operations, and collection requirements.
- Maintain record of incidents and resolution to incorporate for future security incident solutions.
- Provide executive and organizational briefing at conclusion of incident with cause and effect.
- Create policies and procedures regarding response to computer crime events, regulatory compliance issues, and operational/investigatory processes. Understand the legal and technological impact such a policy will have on an organization, and the consequences faced by an organization when such a policy does not exist.
- Conduct research, analysis, counterintelligence, and services designed to detect and deter instances of system and network exploitation and data infiltration by unauthorized internal/external sources.
- Review system design specifications and operational procedures for adherence to information security policies.
- Recommend information security solutions throughout the system development process.
- Develop efficient support and upgrade strategies
- Perform program management analysis, design, and training in line with information technology regulations.
- Coordinate security of data, backup procedures, testing, recovery, and security access controls.
- Advise vendors and management with briefings and presentations to exchange relevant data.
- Supervised the development and maintenance of a secure international VoIP network
- Maintained ISP company network, email, and web services.
- Instituted and conducted security awareness programs, served as advisor to all positions.
- Performed examinations and incident analysis.
Information Systems Analyst / Law Enforcement Officer
1994 - 1997
Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office, West Palm Beach, Florida.
- Performed standard law enforcement duties in support of criminal investigations.
- Administered an enterprise NT, Novell, and Mainframe network.
- Analyzed all systems security; reported, logged, and investigated findings daily.
- Integrated a Mainframe data retrieval system into an MS Access database.
United States Army
(Aviation Logistics: Distinguished Honor Graduate)
1986 - 1990
Performed Aviation duties, avionics, and encrypted communications.
- Microsoft Windows Security - Most Valuable Professional (MVP®)
- Information Systems Security Management Professional (ISSMP®)
- Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (ISSAP®)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®)
- Certified Electronic Evidence Collection Specialist (CEECS)
- Certified Professional in Comprehensive Security (CPCS)
- Certified Information Forensics Investigator™ (CIFI)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM®)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE®)
- Certified Anti-Terrorism Specialist (CAS)
- Data Recovery Expert Certified (DREC)
- Certified Computer Examiner(CCE®)
Ed Confidential *
Investigator / former police officer
TSCM Specialist, Email restricted
Ed Confidential is our Technical Surveillance Counter Measures (TSCM)
Specialist , who is considered an expert in the industry. Ed is not a
Private Investigator by trade, but more of a radio and frequency specialist;
who is well respected by other colleges in the industry. Ed started his
career as the very first 18 year old police officer in the State of NJ. During his
tenure he was given assignments ranging from forensics to witness protection.
In the Defense Industry he spent 6 years as the Chief of Security for RCA/GE Aerospace AEGIS facility in Moorestown. He also served 6 years as the Director of Security for Franklin Computer Company and the West Jersey Hospital System. Ed Confidential was later employed as the chief security consultant for a host of Fortune 500s, including; Bellcore, DuPont, SmithKline, Rohm & Haas and others.
Ed Confidential has received various certifications including: Certified Facility Security Officer from the DOD and Certified Protection Professional from ASIS. He frequently lectures at the Regional Police Academy and has spoken at a number of colleges including Rowan University.
- Certified Facility Security Manager / DOD
- Certified Protection Professional CPP / ASIS
- Certified Polygraphist PPR
- Forensic Specialist GCPO
- AAS Law Enforcement Technology GCC
- CBS Law & Justice ESC
- National Radio Institute / First Class FCC
- National Security Agency / COMSEC
- Federal Bureau of Investigation DECA
- ASIS Assets Protection Course
- TSCM / REI – Sherwood
Ed Confidential received his degree in Criminal Justice and completed his FCC 1s Class Tech training from the National Radio Institute.
- Law Offices
- Labor Unions
- Corporate Offices
- Political Parties
- Cruise Lines
- Private Entities
- RF Spectrum Analyzer
- Broad Band Receiver
- Harmonic Analyzer
- Non-Linear Junction Detection
- Time Domain Reflectometer
- Laser Refractor
- Infrared Thermography
- Differential RF
- UV/IR Analysis
Richard Confidential *
Investigator / former USAF Intelligence
Handwriting Analysis Expert, Email restricted
Richard Confidential is our handwriting analysis expert, who is known
in the industry as one of the best. Richard Confidential performs
examinations, comparisons, and analyses of handwriting in order to
establish genuineness or non-genuineness. Including tests to reveal
counterfeiting, alterations, additions, or deletions to questioned, identification,
and immigration documents.
- M. S. Business Management 1973 (University of Arkansas – Communications)
- B.A. School of Education 1969 (Niagara University, NY - German; Syracuse University, NY - Russian)
- U.S.A.F. Certification 1970 (Airborne Russian Translator)
- U.S. Air Force Intelligence 1969 (Air Medal with Presidential Citation)
- (Top Secret Security Clearance)
- Kodak Law Enforcement Photography, Rochester, (Evidence Photography – 1975)
- Self-study Program in Handwriting Analysis (examination skills; extensive - 1991)
- American Handwriting Analysis Foundation (ten-month program; two exams – 1993)
- National Forensic Center, Las Vegas, NV (court evidence preparation - 1993)
- Andrew J. Bradley & Associates, Denver, CO (nine-month program; two exams - 1994)
- AHAF Conference, Arm Arbor, Michigan (handwriting examination seminars - 1994)
- American Board of Forensic Examiners (document examination seminars – 1994)
- Conference for Society of Testifying Experts (court evidence preparation seminars – 1994)
- National Association of Document Examiners (document examination seminars – 1994)
- Laboratory for Scientific Interrogation (scientific content analysis techniques -1994)
- Larry Ziegler FBI, NVCC, Annandale, VA (document examination course – 1995)
- National Association of Document Examiners (document examination seminars – 1997)
- National Conference Fraud & Loss Prevention (document examination seminars – 1998)
- American College of Forensic Examiners (document examination seminars - 1998)
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences (document examination seminars – 1999)
- National Association of Document Examiners (document examination seminars – 1999)
- National. Association of Document Examiners (document examination seminars – 2001)
- National Association of Document Examiners (document examination seminars – 2003)
- AHAF Conference (speaker) (document examination seminars – 2006)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (speaker) (fraud training seminars – 2006)
- AllRegs Academy (ID & immigration documents -2008)
- National Association of Document Examiners (document examination seminar – 2008)
- AllRegs Academy (advanced-CFDE designation) (ID & immigration documents – 2008)
- National Association of Document Examiners (examination seminars – 2009)
- American College of Forensic Examiners int.
- American Board of Forensic Examiners
- National Registry of Forensic Examiners
- National Association of Document Examiners
- American Handwriting Analysis Foundation.
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- American Society for Industrial Security
- ASTM International Subcommittee E30.02 on QD
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Citizens' Academy
* Field Investigators are kept secured for confidential reasons.
Rick Confidential *
Investigator / former police officer
Accident Reconstruction Specialist, Email restricted
Rick Confidential is our Accident Reconstruction Specialist and he is regarded as one
of the very best in the industry, specializing in roadway accidents.
Rick Confidential is a former police officer and deputy sheriff and either investigated
or assisted in investigating several thousand automobile accidents during
such time. Rick Confidential has completed approximately 2,500 hours of law
enforcement training. He has also published numerous articles in magazines
as well as chapters in books relating to accident reconstruction.
Rick Confidential is a former DUI Task Force Officer and certified Breathalyzer Operator. He is certified
(NHTSA) as an instructor in the area of field sobriety testing for both students and instructors.
Rick’s outline into such areas is currently used by various police department agencies. He has also published numerous articles in magazines as well as chapters in books relating to breathalyzer testing and field sobriety testing. In addition, Rick Confidential has performed scientific studies and examinations relating to the "Intoxilyzer 5000" as well as other related testing
Rick Confidential has testified as an expert witness in the areas of accident reconstruction and DUI cases, which includes breathalyzer testing and field sobriety testing. He has provided such testimony for both plaintiffs and defensive attorneys on numerous cases. Rick Confidential has provided testimony throughout the United States, and has been recognized as an expert by many such courts. Rick Confidential has also made presentations at numerous seminars relating to both accident reconstruction and breathalyzer testing.
Such reconstruction may include accidents involving automobiles, pedestrians, motorcycles, bicycles, trucks and trains. We perform the necessary investigative work and gather the appropriate data to complete our analysis. This analysis may include such things as scene investigation, reviewing photographs, taking photographs, reviewing reports, witness interviews, vehicle inspection, pre and post crash speed computation, skid mark evaluation, vehicle crush analysis, time and distance analysis, rest positions of vehicles, seat belt analysis, tire analysis, air bag deployment, roadway factors, roadway geometry, traffic signals and patterns, roadway conditions, friction evaluation, lighting conditions, weather conditions, sight distance, as well as any other case specific relevant factors necessary to perform a complete analysis.
In addition, some cases may require a visual presentation to assist the jury in understanding how the accident may have occurred. This may include a diagram of the scene of the accident and/or a video animation that is based on the opinions expressed for the specific case. The animation will assist the jury in that they are able to visualize the actions taken by the vehicles and what action, if any, may have prevented a collision.
Forensic mapping may be necessary in completing the accident reconstruction analysis. Most accident sites are surveyed and drawn to scale; the diagram is useful in completing the reconstruction analysis.
- Bachelor of Arts: Criminal Justice (St. Thomas University – Miami, FL. May 1989)
- Master of Science, Master in (University of Miami – Miami, FL. December 1995)
- Technology/Engineering - MOT Program: School of Business and Engineering.
- US Army, Military Police – Honorable Discharge (July 1974 to July 1977 )
- US Army National Guard (Sept 20, 1977 to Sept 19, 1979)
- Police Officer, City of Monroe Police Dept. Monroe (Michigan Jan.2 1979 to Aug. 24, 1984 )
- Deputy Sheriff, Broward County Sheriff's Office - Fort Lauderdale (FL. Aug. 27, 1984 to July 27, 1990)
Professional Traffic Accident Reconstructionist serving the legal profession in civil and criminal proceedings since 1986. Investigating, reviewing and reconstructing numerous collisions of all types. Additional assignments included working part-time with Sheriff's office Training Division, with over 1000 employees attending the annual Defensive Driving Instruction.
- Consultant to various municipalities investigating criminal collisions of a complex nature
- Consultant to Broward County State Attorney's Office, as an Accident Reconstruction
- Consultant to various insurance companies providing opinions of a technical nature